Monday, August 18, 2008

Taking The Plunge - Submission!

On Friday, I finally submitted my first short story to an online literary magazine. Although the deadline doesn't come until the end of August, I wanted to get my story out as soon as possible. No messing around with brinkmanship on the eve of the deadline this time!

However, the whole experience terrified me beyond belief. I've rarely been so stressed out and scared in my life. I assume that the email went through, but you never really know, do you? And I don't want to ask, because they might not like me hassling them. Before I submitted, I read the instructions, and asked people questions when I needed to, but still I don't know if I did everything right. Come to think of it, I probably should have emailed the fiction editor a question or two beforehand, just so I had a better idea of what I was doing. Shoot.

Well, enough worrying about that. You live, you learn. Full steam ahead on my next story!

I've updated my Squidoo lens, How to Get a Book Published (Successfully!) to include information about submitting your work for publication. Enjoy!

No comments: