Sunday, March 6, 2011

Starting a New Novel and March 2011 Goals

So it's that time again - time to post my goals for the month!

Here they are, in all of their March-y glory.
  • Get the plan for my next novel into reasonably good shape (due March 5). Finished this on time! Whoo hoo!
  • Write 50,000 words. Just signed up for MarNoWriMo (March Novel Writing Month) to help that along! I've also just started on the first draft today, boldly plunging ahead even thought I'm definitely scared to be writing in a completely new genre and finally with the intention of seeing this manuscript through to publication.
  • Write 12 articles for Weird Worm. So far, I've done three this month, just have to be careful not to fall behind.
  • Approach 2 new markets.
  • Publish about once a day on writing site Squidoo lens per day (aiming for 20 this month).
  • Do taxes
  • Run 3 miles in 28 minutes. My best time so far has been 30 minutes.
I'm also keeping track of my 2011 goals on Squidoo, if anyone is interested in following my progress and encouraging me/yelling at me when I fall behind :)

No comments: